Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Master Gallant

3 hour commencement with an 18 month old?!? I don't think so. Even before we sat down in our seats, Jonas was being a big PILL. I knew we were in for it. I ended up taking him out 4 or 5 times before Pete got to walk across the stage. And he, along with his two friends, just kept on walking out the door, rather than staying for all the bachelor's degrees. So we only ended up being there for an hour and a half. It was a good thing the speaker at the beginning only gave a 45 second speech. During the invocation, Jonas screamed and Pete asked me afterward if it was him. That would be an affirmative! So you can guess what a "family picture" might look like with a pill-in-arms:
Here Pete is walking across the field. The lighting was TERRIBLE. They barely had anything on, I swear. So a little photoshopping later...you can kinda see him. We were up in the back, so everyone was pretty small. You can click on the picture and it should bring up a bigger version.

Again, with some photoshop help, you can make him out. I have pictures when they were giving him the "degree", but from where we were, he's hidden by the guy. Pete is getting ready to shake El Presidente's hand here.

Pete and his friends from their cohort: Jenna and HaleyThe master...
Jonas made himself right at home between these two older men.

Of course he zonked out on the way home!

10 comments:

Larsen said...

CONGRATS PETE!!!!!!

I am so happy for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that you added arrows with your photoshopping. So cool. I really need a program of my own like that.

See you tomorrow, and thanks again for the posh posies!

Kyra and Ben said...

Yay for Pete! So what's next for you guys?

Me said...

Congrats Graduate! Hat's off to you! It's not something I ever intend on...a master's that is!

Carrie and Jeff said...

My kids can't even make it through sacrament meeting. poor guy. Congrats to the master!

Katie said...

Dana and Pete!! Wow it has been a VERY long time! (23rd ward? Bishop Blackham?) Anyway, I found your blog through another blog...So glad that everything is going well! Stop on over to our blog whenever you get a chance!
Also, Congrats Pete!
-Katie (Blonquist) Kirkham

Bobbi Lee said...

Congrats Pete - way to rock the commencement!

Erinn said...

Wow! Way to go, that is awesome!

Hethrjem said...

You're back to short and blonde-y. Love it! I just can't picture you any other way and it totally matches your personality, you cute girl you.

Camille Hammond said...

Congrats Pete! That's terrific. So, will you be a principal or what? What's the plan?

Cortnie said...

Congrats Pete!!!! Hooray!!!!! You've definitely earned it!!!